Saturday, July 18, 2015

Me vs the sun

It's 9:22am. It's too hot to go out. I'm disappointed. I knew I would be. The sun makes it impossible to get anything done until its cooler. Heat or high humidity can make many people with multiple sclerosis (MS) experience a temporary worsening of their symptoms. Doctors believe that this occurs because heat causes nerves (whose myelin covering has been destroyed from MS) to conduct electrical signals even less efficiently. Most people with MS avoid hot baths, hot showers, and heated swimming pools.

Some of the things I do require assistance. Most things, actually. Motivation is needed. This is depressing because in my heart I want to do so much. I suppose it's fair that I have to wait on others since so often they have to wait for me, but this is truly handicapping. The Aviary is really too heavy for me to complete alone, so when its too hot we can't do anything.

Last year I never got things done. Housework was impossible because nobody wanted to help me and I have issues lifting,pulling, bending,pushing,etc. This year I have to do better about making better choices for myself, and to get the help I need. It worries me when I can't get help. Oftentimes money is the obstacle. Or willingness.

Fighting depression is a task for anyone. I'd feel so much better if my daughter was near me. Today will be a better day...just gotta be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment