Saturday, April 25, 2015

Temper Surrender

I've become aware of the "temper" problem that I have.  Something comes over me...like a rage...and it's hard to "turn down".  It's sad, truly...when  I surrender to my temper.  GOD help those who are the subject of my wrath, especially if they are the direct cause.  I'm working on this because it's really a problem.

I'd love to blame this, too, on one of my ex's, but I can't, lol.  MS patients, unfortunately, suffer from emotional liability or mood swings.



Emotional lability


Emotional lability or “moodiness” may affect persons with MS and is manifest as rapid and generally unpredictable changes in emotions. Family members may complain about frequent bouts of anger or irritability. It is unclear if the emotional lability observed in MS stems from the distress related to the disease or if it is caused by some changes in the brain. Whatever the cause, emotional lability can be one of the most challenging aspects of MS from the standpoint of family life. Family counseling may be very important in dealing with emotional lability since mood swings are likely to affect everyone in the family. Severe mood swings respond well to low doses of the anticonvulsant medication valproic acid (Depakote®).

So what's the solution?  My doctors have prescribed me meds a series of what I fondly call my "don't go off" meds. I'm not happy about this at all.  I'm not happy about getting so outraged and enraged. GOD teaches us to be kind to each other and to be cheerful. All of that busts out into one big FAIL when it comes to my annoyance with others. Sometimes I even cringe with some people talk...the voice annoys me. Or how about the friend that THINKS they know what you are going to say, but in fact what they DO say has NOTHING to do with what was actually going to be said? These things and so much more just set me off.
I'm praying about this. Being so angry does not help. I'd love for this aspect in my life to change for the better.



MS has not only changed me physically, but emotionally as well.  Please donate and allow me to spread more MS awareness. http://www.gofundme.com/write-4msawareness

No comments:

Post a Comment