Monday, November 13, 2017

More nerve pain - Trigeminal Neuralgia

My gums made me want to physically pull every tooth I have in my mouth to avoid anymore pain, especially the bottom row. But...this is not a dental issue. It's a nerve issue stemming from my right temple to my lower right jaw throughout my gums. I feel like it's killing me. I've had Bursts of tears so forceful that I feared my head would explode. Loud sobbing and even near screaming. It's horrible. For hours my gums hurt, it hurts and I keep putting ambesol in my mouth, I brush my teeth with a soft brush with organic toothpaste, I take Tylenol, and a heating pad. I even more weed. I'm feel like I'm about to pull my hair out...but I won't because All of this is very temporary.

Trigeminal neuralgia is a kind of nerve pain which can give stabbing or burning sensations down the side of the face, usually on one side only. The pain may only last a few seconds or minutes but may repeat many times during an attack. For some people the face pain is present all the time. Trigeminal neuralgia can be excruciatingly painful.

Trigeminal neuralgia is more common in multiple sclerosis than in the general population and can be confused with dental pain. If you are experiencing these symptoms, you should be assessed to see if it is a symptom of your MS especially before you consider any major dental work. The dentist says it may be MS related.

The pain can be triggered by every day activities such as eating, shaving, talking or by being out in even a light breeze. Noticing any triggers can help you manage the pain by avoiding them where possible. Treatment is usually with a drug called carbamazepine to begin with. If drug treatments are not working, surgery may be an option.

I'm going to call my Dr and/or nurse this morning to see what can be done about this. I'm going to specifically ask about carbamazepine because this is no way to live and I've got to be here. I want to be here. I'm fighting to live. Please support MS awareness.

No comments:

Post a Comment