Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Carbamazepine

Dr. Brandon prescribed me Carbamazepine for the pain in my jaw/gums. I thank God there was something that could help. The excruciating pain that I was going through was mind boggling.

Carbamazepine has a lot of listed side effects but when I spoke to my other doctor she assured me that this was a good treatment.

Carbamazepine is used to prevent and control seizures. This medication is known as an anticonvulsant or anti-epileptic drug. It is also used to relieve certain types of nerve pain (such as trigeminal neuralgia). This medication works by reducing the spread of seizure activity in the brainand restoring the normal balance of nerve activity.

Now I have less pain. The pain isn't all the way gone but it is manageable. I'm making sure not to eat anything that is too hard for my teeth. I can tell once I have low Carbamazepine because the pain comes back. I think I'm.hoing to also see another Dentist because I'd like a second opinion.

I have a MRI scheduled for November 29th. I have to get blood drawn prior to that to ensure that the contrast MRI is fine  for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment