Friday, October 9, 2015

Cliff Jumpers

When life gets bad, some MS patients want to end it all. When life gets bad for me, I cling to my faith. There are a lot of things that can bring you down, but hanging on is always the best way to go. Life is too precious to give up over circumstance. I'm learning that time in some way heals all wounds, one way or the other.

D the MS patient's memory is still with me. The isolation, the frustration, the pain. On the other side if that was the laughter, TV shows, her sense if humor, and talks of her son. I remember making smoothies with her, and comparing our MS experiences. The worst memory is finding her lifeless body. To see the ultimate "give up" was hard. I'm still quite upset about it considering all I've gone through.

Had my children been with me, I'm sure I'd made different choices, but they aren't so I went a different route. One that hasn't been the best experience. Im out of one situation but here I am in a place unfamiliar and not as secure as I'd hoped.  Being in a relapse and being sensitive to so my environment is challenging, to say the least. I'm glad I'm not giving up but Lord knows this is hard. Moving from where we were to where we are is progress but still uncertain and the uncertainty is probably one of the things that worries me the most, which causes panic.

I'm pushing through.

No comments:

Post a Comment