Monday, June 20, 2016

A Brighter Day For The Summer

It's the first day of Summer! Today will be a brighter day. I'm so blessed to have a partner I can discuss my issues with who understands that what I go through with PTSD stemmed long before he met me and that my life has had tragedies, traumas, and horrors that I simply cannot shake without medication, which I do not want to take.

I began posting about it on facebook, then decided to delete it (not before the quick screen shot) because need to read about this.


I'm fatigued. My legs and feet are tingling.  I"m honestly tired of talking about it so I think I will just try to focus on other things.   My mind has been racing for days and I really want to turn the power button off on the remote lol.  Oh, there is no remote. Or is there?  I find that distractions help keep my focus off of the flashbacks, so I try to get engrossed in online activity, especially videos on youtube. My favorite videos are DIYS, Interviews, and even movies. As I stated on the now deleted post, I am not being medicated for this. My only concern is that my blood pressure will get too high with the sudden surge of high intense emotional anger that comes about when the flashbacks occur. 

The heat of the summer brings a lot of weakness and the need for more water intake.  I'm really going to continue to focus on getting healthier despite this hiccup with my psyche. I have a lot of triggers but my soft spots are my children, so that's what I'm focusing on.  
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment